It has been a great long time since I have ran 4 races in 4 weeks, but tomorrow, I have another 5k race which will make 4 for 4. Tomorrow I am running at the Run for the Deaf 5k which is a event that supports the Tennessee School for the Deaf. It’s a great race and may be one of the flattest (overall) 5k courses around except that the last ~0.2 mile to the finish is ALL up hill. I didn’t run this race last year, because it’s normally scheduled time, first saturday in May, coincides with the Flying Pig Marathon. I am looking forward to running this one this year. I have had some really good results at this race. The first mile was my fastest official mile split time for a while and I have even WON my age group (and yes, there were more than 1 person competing for it).
This will be last planned race until the July 3rd Fireball 5k Classic, which I may or may not run. This will also be the start of a transition period between Spring Running and Summer Running which I will focus on less distance and more speed and with the opening of the UT pool, I’ll include some brick workouts (run, swim) at lunchtime. Maybe even sneak in a sprint triathlon if I can. Who knows.
Anyway, I’ll entertain Guess My Time, Win Crap guesses if you want to play for the Run for the Deaf 5k…
Guess My Time and Win Crap Rules and Regulations:
- All you have to do is guess my OFFICIAL finishing time for the race. I will provide some numbers below to help you base your calculation. Official Times will be what is recorded by the race officials. If I am not able to get that time, then I will use my watch time.
- You can enter as many times as you want, however, your Guess with the latest timestamp on it will be your official guess.
- Entries with a timestamp later than the advertised race Start Time will not count.
- You can leave a Guess a number of different ways, thanks to today’s technology. You can leave a comment on my blog http://www.planet3rry.com, leave a comment on my Facebook post of the contest, leave a comment on my Twitter account, either direct message or mention is fine (I recommend using the hash #GMTWC, so it’s easier to find) or you can email me your time as well.
- Winners, if I do not already have your postal address, will have to submit a mailing address for the Winning Crap, but beware… that does open you up to things such as Christmas Cards, Free Trial Sizes of embarrassing items and anything else that I deem to be humorous to me. I think past winners can testify that I am all bark and no bite when it comes to the “embarrassing stuff”.
- In the case of ties, I will award the time with earliest time stamp, going down to the picosecond if I must.
- If by some chance you guess my time exactly, you will win The Craptastic Prize!
So what exactly will I win?
That remains to be determined but it’ll be items that I have lying around. While I am not going to be giving away anything as cool as an iPad or something like that, it will be marginally useful. Primarily it’ll be things that won’t cost me much to ship. The Craptastic Prize will be in the form of a gift card from a store of my choosing with an amount of my choosing. It will be in addition too the regular Guess My Time, Win Crap prizes!
Race History and other race information
Race: Run for the Deaf 5
Number of Finishers: 233
Overall winner: Ron Manis 18:20
My Finish Times
Race Date/My Times/Overall Place/Age Place
May-08-1999 22:29 054|173 6|9 May-11-2002 29:07 100|154 10|10 May-08-2004 22:28 026|121 2|11 May-07-2005 24:01 038|111 1|3 May-03-2008 23:27 052|204 10|14
Course Map – I made one on Gmap-Pedometer
Terry’s Finishing times for 5ks since 2004
Race Date Time Spring Sprint Apr-3-2004 24:03 Run for the Deaf May-8-2004 22:28 Fireball Classic Jul-3-2004 22:57 Scholar's Run Aug-21-2004 24:57 Run for the Deaf May-7-2005 24:01 Scholar's Run Aug-20-2005 24:36 Reindeer Run Dec-4-2005 23:14 Scholar's Run Aug-19-2006 25:12 Farragut Fall Classic Sep-23-2006 22:08 Spring Sprint Apr-14-2007 23:46 Scholar's Run Aug-18-2007 23:32 Reindeer Run Dec-2-2007 22:33 Spring Sprint Apr-12-2008 24:12 Ribbon Run Apr-19-2008 24:10 Run for the Deaf May-3-2008 23:27 Fireball Classic Jul-3-2008 26:23 Scholar's Run Aug-16-2008 24:58 Ribbon Run Apr-16-2009 24:11 Scholar's Run Aug-18-2009 26:21 Run for the Schools Apr-10-2010 27:12 Run for Autism Apr-17-2010 26:22
Been a while since I played! Hmmm… I will say… 25:50.
Are neighbors eligible to play? 23:43
I have to play this one since it is the TSD race.
Good Luck and have fun. Weather should be good. I am looking in my crystal ball and will guess 26:25. 🙂
Pingback: PLANET3RRY » Blog Archive » Race Reports and Guess My Time