Whether you hate D&D as that which cause children to go crazy and act out this cult thing or you love D&D as a way to expand your imagination and not hang out at the local fast food joint on a Friday night… the co-creator of D&D has lost all of his hit points (that means he died).
The funny dudes over at WOOT.COM posted this about Gary Gygax. If you aren’t familiar with D&D some of these you won’t get, but trust us… they’re funny! But some you should be able to get…
16 Gary Gygax Jokes We Better Not Catch You Making
from Woot! – One Day, One Deal
D&D Co-Creator Gary Gygax Has Passed Away, Tuesday, March 4, 2008.
1. “Quick! Someone cast Raise Dead!”
2. “Don’t worry – he’s just playtesting the Astral Plane for the next edition.”
3. “He’s gone the way of Star Frontiers.”
4. “Analysts warn of a free-fall in Mountain Dew futures.”
5. “In the next town, you meet a stranger named Barry Bygax.”
6. “Now who will lead our young people to Satan?”
7. “With his last breath, he cursed the name of Marlon Wayans.”
8. “I wonder how they’ll divide up his XP.”
9. “Pallbearers, make a Bend Bars/Lift Gates roll.”
10. “At least he didn’t live to see Disney’s Greyhawk On Ice.”
11. “Lorraine Williams is behind this somehow, I just know it.”
12. “The worlds of adventure gaming, fantasy fandom, and van painting will never be the same.”
13. “When I heard, I cried 2d10 tears.”
14. “Is there anything in the will about electrum?”
15. “Heart condition? Wow, I always thought it’d be owlbears that got him.”
16. “Suddenly, nobody in Heaven wants to hang out with Marilyn Monroe on Friday night.”
The “geeks” at college used to play this in the cafeteria on weekend nights until dawn. (I was not one of them.)
LOLed at his. Though I was a geek, I was too cool to play D&D at the campus cafeteria. I had a friend whose father ran the local Country Club… we played at the clubhouse every Thursday Night. Sad to see Gary Gygax go, but I know he’s probably somewhere on the astral plane trying to figure out how in the world he missed that last saving throw….
Ha…I never played the original, but I’ve played many a by product of D&D so I actually got most of these…
A sad day for Geeks everywhere and I mean that in the best possible way, I married one after all…
Can you even imagine if all new cars came with a mini fridge for DC? I would NEVER leave the car!!